No sound? We use the auto-start feature but some browsers don’t like to play the audio automatically. In the lower part of the video player you will see a speaker with a slash through it – click this to unmute the player and you should hear sound. If you have other problems see the troubleshooting section below.
We usually aim to start the stream 5 mins before the meeting. If the meeting has started and you can’t get the live video stream to work here are some things you could try:
- Is it the right time and timezone? Public Lectures are at 6PM on Sundays. Our timezone is Australian Central Standard Time (ACST) which is 9:30 hours ahead of UTC.
- Refresh the page in your browser (How to guide)
- Is it your device or connection that’s the problem?
- Do a speed test – if your download speed is under 10 Mbps you may have problems with the quality, if under 5 Mbps you will have problems with reliability
- If nothing is working and no one else has reported a problem in the chat panel, try restarting your device (or try another browser or device if possible)
- If you still can’t get the live stream to work try the alternatives below